Wednesday 24 July 2013

AN OLD SWEATER WITH A STAIN



[ Sometimes when we look at some of our old stuff we feel a want to be there once more to see it again. It is about that feel which I felt when I was asked by my mother to clean my room. It is pretty much realistic. And for the record I don't smoke. :D ]

While cleaning my room
I checked out my cupboard 
Got some shirts
And rough pants
A leather belt,
Some torn up papers,
An undone deodorant
A nostalgic pain
Some bittersweet memories.
A napkin with an untold story
Which should not have been this way (sigh)
I went straight in to the lap of time
A book of my nursery rhymes,
A photograph so old in black and white
A poem I didn’t write,
A pack of DVDs ,
With a pile of classics
Chosen
Seen
Stored and broken,
A pair of key rings,
Africa core,
A rebel scarf
Made me think and feel sour.
Hot wheels toy car,
A half smoked cigar
Childhood to manhood
In a blink of an eye.
The broken edge of the door,
Stained handle and a bronze key hole
And again the nostalgic pain.
Somewhere beneath the pile of shrugs
I found,
An old sweater with a stain
A fair stain.



No comments:

Post a Comment